A Summer is just not a Summer without the fresh & tangy goodness of a Pasta Salad!! Toni, our Sample Room Queen here at Clothworks, brought in this scrumptious seasonal staple to tempt our taste buds today! Her Pasta Salad was exploding with mega-flavor, as well as fresh veggies and salami….yum!! Topped off with some fresh heirloom tomatoes (thank you Costco) and fresh home-grown basil from Debbie, our resident Shipper and green thumb, eating this Pasta Salad was so pleasing on a warm & sunny day here in Seattle!
Sink your teeth into another close-up of this pasta yumminess…complete with garden accoutrements. Recipe follows…. buon appetito!
Pasta Salad (for a crowd)
- 2 boxes of Barilla brand pasta: mini penne (penne, rotini, or shells pasta will also work for this recipe)
- 4 cloves of garlic- minced
- ½ of the following bell peppers: red, green, yellow, and orange- chopped into chunks
- 1 bunch of green onions- chopped
- 1 cucumber: skin-peeled, seeded, and cut in small chunks
- 1 can of black olives- sliced
- quarter pound mushrooms- sliced
- quarter pound of thinly sliced wine salami (Toni prefers the Costco brand)
- ¼-1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil. Reserve some for the cooked pasta to keep from sticking.
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1-2 tsps of sea salt
- 2 tbs of Italian seasoning
- ½ lb shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box
- After pasta is cooked, drained, rinsed with cold water, and drained again- fill a large bowl with it.
- Throw in all the ingredients- garlic, peppers, green onions, cucumber, olives, mushrooms, and salami. Mix well.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, pepper, salt and Italian seasoning. Coat and mix well with all the other ingredients.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese. Toss & mix well.
- Garnish with fresh basil & heirloom tomatoes.