Calling all animal-lovers, sewists, and crafters, alike! The Pet Postcard Project is seeking donations for pet-themed postcards made with fabric to be sold at the upcoming International Quilt Festival in Chicago, April 7th-9th, 2016. Postcards will be sold for $20 at Festival, with all proceeds going to PAWS Chicago, the largest no-kill animal rescue in the Midwest.
The Pet Postcard Project was started by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr, owners/designers of Modern Quilt Studio, in an effort to raise money to benefit homeless pets. Being that they are so crafty and organized, they have devoted an entire blog to the Pet Postcard Project, showing pet postcards in progress and tutorials to help inspire you.
Now for the details–
- Create as many Pet Postcards as you wish to donate!
- Pet Postcards must be no larger than 5″ x 7″
- Pet Postcards can be made from any number of techniques and materials, as long as they include some fabric in the design
- Most importantly, Pet Postcards must appeal to pet lovers
- Send your completed Pet Postcards in an envelope (preferably a padded envelope), postmarked by March 15, 2016 to the following address:
Pet Postcards 2016
c/o Modern Quilt Studios
PO Box 2100
Oak Park, IL 60302